Just bought a small position in WiLan; average cost of $3.23.
From their website: WiLAN develops and commercializes innovative patented technologies, manages intellectual property and licenses these inventions to corporations.
- the company is unpredictable since their fortunes depend on signing tech deals and winning (or losing) lawsuits
- one of very few Canadian tech-related names that pay a high, sustainable dividend (currently 6.5%)
- present share price is near a 52 week low ... 52 week high/ low: $4.35 / $3.17
- clean balance sheet and more than $100 million cash in the bank
- increased the dividend twice in the past six months
- Q4 numbers were released Jan 29th and WIN beat estimates, but they were very low; some folks say the company gives light guidance on purpose
- another negative is transparency; they don't release much info on the deals they complete
- quarterly div ex-date is coming up March 19th; share price could see a small run up in the next two weeks
Usual annoying disclaimer: I'm not your stock mama or your investment guru. Pay NO Attention to my stock stuff since our equity portfolio is still down about 50% since the drop in energy.
Moving on... in anticipation of sunny weather, I've lined up my spring seeds.
Lined them up in a row on my desk so I can see them every morning. The thought of seeds and spring flowers and warm soil and digging in the dirt makes me happy.
You hear that spring?
I'm READY for you!